Trees Lexington! is looking for a creative and organized individual to help execute tree education events and tree distribution/planting activities throughout Lexington and Fayette County. We are looking for a person passionate about trees and the environment, who is also creative and comfortable with technology. Excellent writing and graphic design skills are desired.
Time Commitment: variable, generally up to 10 hours per week. Compensation of $15/hour, negotiable.
- Update website, www.treeslexington.org, hosted on Wix.
- Update social media (Facebook and Instagram).
- Keep relevant documents organized on Google Drive.
- Manage and update organization’s contact lists.
- Create and distribute organizational updates electronically and in hard copy, as needed.
- Create and organize printing of event flyers, instructional materials, merchandise, etc.
- Research, prepare applications, and perform follow up reporting for grants or fundraising opportunities.
- Assist in responding to email inquiries via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coordinate community requests during tree giveaways.
- Coordinate contractors and volunteers for projects, as necessary.
- Attend and assist with events, as needed.
- Actively participate in Board discussions and offer suggestions to help move the organization’s mission forward.
We are dedicated to supporting the continued growth and vitality of Lexington’s trees by engaging those who live among them.
Trees Lexington! is a non-profit that seeks to encourage community members to take an active role in expanding and maintaining the local tree canopy. By assisting with community tree plantings and providing education on proper tree care, Trees Lexington! adds, not only to overall canopy cover, but to the natural character of our city.
Growing and enhancing Lexington's tree canopy will contribute greatly to our legacy for future generations. By working together, we will add to the beauty of our community and cultivate civic pride in ourselves, connectivity with our neighbors, and stewardship for our environment.